SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Service and Support Staff for Beverage Cart / Snack Bar.
Provide assistance and customer service to the public and perform general tasks as assigned. Deliver exceptional natural and cultural experiences for each of our guests. Must be able to work all weekends through september and october as required. Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent to the clearance of the Vulnerable Sector Screening. Candidates will be asked for a screening only where they have been selected as the leading candidate.
- Must have Smart Serve Certification;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Superior customer service skills;
- Cash handling experience;
- General computer skills;
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills;
- Valid First Aid and CPR Basic Rescuer Certificate an asset;
- Food Handlers Certification an asset;
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under general supervision.
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times.
- Serve and collect fees from visitors and maintain balanced records of monies collected.
- Operate POS and computer systems proficiently.
- Maintain cleanliness of buildings, grounds, facilities and work areas.
- Assist with any inquiries from staff, members of the public and others in a tactful and professional manner.
- Perform general maintenance duties as required.
- Complete any forms and reports as required.
- Perform assigned tasks safely and efficiently.
- Participate in required training in the use of equipment, vehicles, tools, etc.; Follow all TRCA protocols and safety policies and procedures.
- May require physical activity for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to work all weekends through September and October.
- May be required to lift or carry objects that could weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability - related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.