Various Service and Support Staff positions are available at our facility, including maintenance, back shop and pro shop/range attendants, snack bar/beverage cart attendant, lead marshal.
Provide assistance and customer service to the public and perform general maintenance tasks as assigned. Deliver exceptional natural and cultural experiences for each of our guests. Flexibility to work all shifts, including evenings and weekends, as required. Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent on the clearance of the Vulnerable Sector Screening. Candidates will be asked for a screening only where they have been selected as the leading candidate.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Cash handling experience.
- General computer skills.
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Basic Rescuer Certificate an asset.
- Food Handlers and Smart Serve Certification an asset.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License.
Perform the following tasks under general supervision:
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times.
- Greet and collect fees from visitors and maintain balanced records of money collected.
- Operate POS and computer systems proficiently.
- Maintain cleanliness of buildings, grounds, facilities and work areas.
- Assist with any inquiries from staff, members of the public and others in a tactful and professional manner.
- Perform general maintenance duties as required.
- Complete any forms and reports as required.
- Perform assigned tasks safely and efficiently.
- Participate in required training in the use of equipment, vehicles, tools, etc.; Follow all TRCA protocols and safety policies and procedures.
- May require physical activity for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
- May be required to lift or carry objects that could weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply now” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting # TRCA-019-19 prior to midnight on February 22, 2019.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or drivers abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.