SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
*Various service and support positions available including maintenance staff and gate attendant*
Provide assistance and customer service to park patrons- deliver an exceptional natural and cultural experience for our guests.
Perform general maintenance tasks as assigned.
Flexibility to work all shifts, including evenings and weekends, as required- this position involves working evening and weekends.
Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent to clearance of vulnerable sector screening.
Candidates will be asked for screening only where they have been selected as the leading candidate.
- Ability to work well independently or part of a team;
- Experience with use of general maintenance equipment;
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills;
- Cash handling experience;
- General computer skills; Valid Ontario driver's license;
- Valid First Aid CPR, basic rescuer certificate an asset.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
- Maintain cleanliness of all buildings, grounds and facilities (including washroom facilities).
- Perform general maintenance duties as required (including, but not limited to washroom maintenance, litter licking, grass cutting and trimming).
- May require physical activity for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times.
- Assist with any inquiries from staff, members of the public and others in a tactful and professional manner.
- Greet and collect fees from visitors and maintain balanced records of monies collected.
- Operate POS and computer systems proficiently.
- Complete forms and reports as required.
- Perform assigned tasks safely and efficiently.
- Participate in all required training in the use of equipment, vehicles, tools, etc.
- Follow all TRCA protocols and safety policies and procedures.
- May be required to lift and carry objects that could weigh up to 50 LBS.
- Complete other assigned duties.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.