- Contract Duration: 2 Month Contract
- Due to funding requirements, preference may be given to candidates who are currently enrolled in post-secondary education and who will be returning to school in the fall
The Summer Camp Assistant will assist in the successful implementation of the Claremont Nature Centre's summer day camps. The successful applicant will work directly with the Summer Camp Lead Instructors to support the delivery of themed week long nature camps for participants' ages 5-12 years old. The Sumer Camp Assistant will help with camp nature hikes, themed crafts, songs, active games and outdoor activities. Health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working with children in a group setting.
- Camp program preparation and delivery experience.
- Sumer camp experience an asset.
- Experience working in outdoor education an asset.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and co-oporativly as part of a team.
- Standard Firt Aid and CPR/AED Level C certification required.
- Must have reliable transportation to Claremont Nature Centre.
- Assist in leading interactive and engaging camp programs for summer camp groups of all ages, lanuage abilities and backgrounds.
- Work with Camp Insttructors to develop and prepare themed camp activities and crafts.
- Assist in daily preparation and clean-up of camp programs.
- Supervise campers at lunch and free time.
- Provide support for supervision of campers and volunteer camp assistants during programs.
- Attend all staff meetings and training as required.
- Model appropriate behaviour with staff and campers.
- Represent the TRCA in a professional matter.
- Clean, maintain and properly store all program supplies and equipment.