Contract Duration: 9 Weeks – July 2, 2019 to August 30, 2019
Number of Positions Available: 2
The Summer Camp Counsellor will assist in the successful implementation of the Claremont Nature Centre’s summer day camps. The successful applicant will work directly with Summer Camp Lead Instructors to support the delivery themed week-long nature camps for participants’ ages 5-12 years old. The Summer Camp Counsellor will lead camp nature hikes, themed crafts, songs, active games, and outdoor activities. Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
Perform the following tasks under general supervision:
- Assist in leading interactive and engaging camp programs for summer camp groups of all ages, language abilities and backgrounds.
- Work with Lead Camp Instructors to develop and prepare themed camp activities and crafts.
- Supervise a group of campers.
- Assist in the daily preparation and clean-up of camp programs.
- Support campers at lunch and free time.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings, as required.
- Model appropriate behaviour with staff and campers.
- Represent the TRCA in a professional manner.
- Experience working with children in a group setting.
- Camp program preparation and delivery experience.
- Summer camp experience an asset.
- Experience working in recreational or outdoor education an asset.
- Standard First Aid & CPR/AED Level C certification required.
- Must have reliable transportation to the Claremont Nature Centre.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and co-operatively as part of a team.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting # TRCA-116-19 prior to midnight on April 24, 2019.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or driver's abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.