SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Coordinate the daily operations of the Leacock Foundation Summer Camps at the Lake St. George Field Centre. Deliver a variety of interactive programs to camp participants ages 10-16 years old. Develop and lead crafts, songs, active games, and outdoor activities. Assist with supervision of campers, camp counsellors and volunteer camp assistants. Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position. This is an overnight camp
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent on the clearance of a vulnerable sector screening.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Experience working with children in a group setting;
- Camp program preparation and delivery experience;
- Summer camp experience an asset;
- Supervision of Camp Staff experience an asset;
- Ability to work independently and co-operatively as part of a team;
- May on occasion as required, need to remain on site to assist with overnight supervision;
- NLS or Bronze Cross an asset;
- Canoeing experience an asset;
- Minimum 18 years old;
- Standard First Aid & CPR/AED Level C certification required.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under general supervision.
- Attends all staff meetings and trainings, as required.
- Models appropriate behavior that fosters sustainable citizenship; with a focus on leadership, stewardship and community.
- Represents the TRCA in a professional manner.
- Supervises and supports all Program team members, providing ongoing feedback and formal evaluations during the summer camp contract.
- Takes responsibility to ensure that all incidents are documented and reported to the Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Interacts with representatives of the Leacock Foundation to ensure a successful camp experience.
- Organizes a daily staff meeting to check in with all direct reports, providing support as needed.
- Leads interactive and engaging camp programs for summer camp groups of all ages, language abilities and backgrounds.
- Provide supervision of campers and volunteer Camp Assistants.
- Coordinate the daily preparation and clean-up of camp programs.
- Provide information and prepare resources for camp programs with camp staff.
- Support campers at meal times and free time.
- May on occasion as required need to stay onsite overnight to support overnight supervision of campers.
- May on occasion as required need to meet with and accompany campers to and from Toronto pick up locations, Mondays and Fridays.
- Clean, maintain and properly store all props and equipment.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.