*3 Positions Available*
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Assist the Summer Camp Coordinator in the daily operations of the Leacock Foundation Summer Camp at the Lake St. George Field Centre. Support the delivery of a variety of interactive programs to Camp participants ages 10-16 years old. Assist in leading crafts, songs, active games, and outdoor activities. Provide support for supervision of campers and volunteer Camp Assistants. Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position. This is an overnight camp. Staff are required to live on-site Monday through Friday.
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent on the clearance of a vulnerable sector screening.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Experience working with children in a group setting;
- Camp program preparation and delivery experience;
- Summer camp experience an asset;
- Ability to work independently and co-operatively as part of a team;
- Must be available to stay on-site (including overnight) for the duration of the contract;
- NLS or Bronze Cross an asset;
- Canoeing experience an asset;
- Minimum 18 years old;
- Standard First Aid & CPR/AED Level C certification required.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under general supervision.
- Attends all staff meetings and trainings, as required.
- Models appropriate behaviour that fosters sustainable citizenship; with a focus on leadership, stewardship and community.
- Represents the TRCA in a professional manner.
- Assist in leading interactive and engaging camp programs for summer camp groups of all ages, language abilities and backgrounds.
- Provide support for supervision of campers and volunteer Camp Assistants.
- Assist in the daily preparation and clean-up of camp programs.
- Learn information and prepare resources for camp programs.
- Support campers at meal times and free time.
- Support overnight supervision of campers.
- May on occasion as required need to meet with and accompany campers to and from Toronto pick up locations, Mondays and Fridays.
- Clean, maintain and properly store all props and equipment.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.