Contract Duration: 11 months
Reporting to the Manager, STEP the Technical Analyst is responsible for providing technical expertise, research and writing services and project management support to the Sustainable Technologies Evaluation Program (STEP). This position will also provide support in the collection, quality control/quality assurance (QA/QC), analysis and reporting of monitoring data under supervision.
Perform the following tasks under general supervision:
- Provide technical expertise, research and writing services and project management support to the Sustainable Technologies Evaluation Program (STEP).
- Assist with coordinating the development and ongoing maintenance of the STEP databases.
- Provide assistance in the processing, analysis and synthesis of data as required, and support in translating technical data and information into publicly accessible formats.
- Assist with preparing communications materials for the STEP website and distribution at meetings, workshops and conferences. These materials may include project reports, technical briefs, case studies, web site content, posters and presentations.
- Present results of STEP projects at meetings, workshops and special events.
- Assist in organizing meetings, workshops and seminars on themes related to STEP objectives.
- Assist with preparation of funding proposals, progress and monitoring reports.
- Assist with managing sub-contracts with universities, consultants or other agency partners for specific monitoring projects.
- Respond to inquiries related to monitoring projects and develop and maintain effective relationships with project partners, other external agencies and the public.
- Post-secondary education in environmental science, engineering, physical geography, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year experience performing the major tasks of the role.
- Experience in field monitoring, data analysis, technical report writing and web communications.
- Valid Driver’s License.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent client and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficient with computer word processing and spreadsheet software; experience with statistical analysis software an asset.
- Working knowledge of watershed ecosystems, stormwater management practices, green infrastructure, stream water quality, QA/QC procedures, and technology monitoring and evaluation concepts.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting # TRCA-051-19 prior to midnight on April 14, 2019.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or drivers abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.