SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Provide technical assistance in the collection, analysis, management and reporting of monitoring data (water quantity and quality, precipitation, etc.) in support of TRCA’s Sustainable Technologies Evaluation Program (STEP). Health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
- Post-secondary education in environmental studies / science, or water resource engineering, or civil engineering;
- Familiar with environmental monitoring concepts and database management systems;
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions. Some heavy lifting may be required;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member;
- Strong analytical, communication and organization skills;
- Proficient with computer word processing and spreadsheet software;
- Experience in the building and construction trades an asset;
- Valid Ontario driver’s license.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under supervision.
- Assist with the collection of field data using specific protocols at STEP projects.
- Assist with the processing of collected water and soil samples.
- Install, operate and maintain monitoring equipment.
- Entry and manipulation of data in spreadsheet database formats.
- Participate in the TRCA's Occupational Health and Safety Program, including working in compliance with TRCA’s policies and procedures as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Provide excellent customer and client service.
- Other duties as assigned.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.