SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Under the general guidance and direction of the Assistant Supervisor, Maintenance Services, the Tradesperson maintains and repairs electrical, plumbing, small drinking water systems, heating and other systems for the rental portfolio and other TRCA assets, ensuring all TRCA policies are being adhered to. In addition this position is responsible for performing carpentry and masonary work to renovate, repair and maintain the residential buildings and other facilities. This position is also tasked with inspecting the residential dwellings for state of repair and to ensure that health and safety requirements are being maintained, including the supervision of general contractors. This position also does annual assessment of asbestos containing material, in residential dwellings and other TRCA facilities, in order to be compliant with Reg. 278/05 and TRCA policy.
Occupational Health and Safety Is A Major Responsibility of this Position.
Excellent customer and client services is an essential component of this position.
- Ontario College Diploma – Construction and Trades Certificate;
- Minimum three years’ experience in trades related work;
- Thorough knowledge of several construction trades;
- Excellent understanding of the Ontario Building Code;
- Demonstrated ability to obtain special licences for operation of specialized equipment;
- Valid Driver’s Licence;
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical advice in skill related matters;
- Thorough knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with tenants, members of the public, contractors, in a positive and courteous manner;
- Good time management, problem solving skills.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
- Inspect residential dwellings on an annual basis to determine state of good repair. This includes but is not limited to identifying safety hazards, condition of asbestos containing material and for any illegal activity that may be occurring on the property.
- Undertake the implementation of the yearly maintenance plan for the rental portfolio by arranging for the required repairs to be undertaken in a timely manner, within budget parameters and in consultation with the Assistant Supervisor, Maintenance Services and Rental Agent.
- Respond to tenant emergencies.
- Responsible for renovating, repairing and maintaining the dwellings and other TRCA facilities in a good state of repair.
- Responsible for maintaining and repairing electrical, plumbing, heating and small water drinking systems.
- Contacting service providers to arrange for specialized maintenance services such as pest control, furnace repairs, hazard tree removal.
- Meet contractors on site to discuss scope of work to be undertaken and to review work in progress to ensure repairs are being carried out in accordance with the terms of contract and in compliance with all TRCA policies, municipal, provincial and federal legislation.
- Respond to off hour maintenance calls on a rotational basis.
- Carry out asbestos assessment on asbestos containing material, in order to be compliant with Reg.278/05.
- Complete appropriate project summary reports, maintenance logs and staff logs.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability - related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.