Reporting to the Manager of Business Services, the Visitor Services Representative carries out the customer service function for the Parks and Culture division. This position uses multiple e-commerce platforms to process transactions, including program bookings, facility reservations, ticket sales, and membership purchases, and contributes to the efficient management of all inventory items. The Visitor Services Representative will use superior communication skills to field frequent telephone and email enquiries from customers, employing excellent customer service skills and learned sales strategies to identify, as well as upsell, suitable products and/or services. With intimate knowledge of divisional offerings and a demonstrated understanding of customer needs, the Visitor Service Representative collaborates with fellow team members to develop tactics and tools for enhancing the customer service standard of the Parks and Culture division and driving overall sales.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma from an accredited institution in Administration, Communications or other relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- 3 years' of progressive experience in customer service and/or customer relations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to share information in a clear and accessible way.
- Excellent organizational, planning, problem-solving, creative-thinking and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally and courteously with all levels of staff and with public contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and show good judgement when handling confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and act as a liaison with internal departments and corporate divisions, as well as with external clients.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office Suite products.
Perform the following tasks under supervision:
- Act as a primary point of contact for all Parks and Culture and Education program booking, facility reservation, ticket sales and membership sales via phone and e-mail.
- Maintain well informed knowledge of all Parks and Culture and Education programs and service, and employ learned sales and communication strategies to promote and upsell suitable products/offering to customers.
- Receive customer feedback and grievances; handle conflicts to facilitate a resolution.
- Use e-commerce systems to process and manage bookings, facility reservation ticket sales.
- Contribute to effective management of e-commerce system and generation of reports.
- Communicate with Supervisory staff to share customer feedback, exchange information, develop product packages/offerings and streamline service delivery.
- Provide front-line staff with support and training as it relates to e-commerce system.
- Review booking/reservation to monitor active transactions, ensure payments have been processed and verify that appropriate documentation has been provided.
- Process sales, deposits, no-shows and cancellations using proper billing and payment methods
- Work with the Digital Media team to troubleshoot and resolve software issues and manage TRCA Website content as it pertains to public programs and services.
- Assist customers with general TRCA information.
- Other duties as assigned.