SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Provide weekend reception and administrative services for the Kortright Centre including admissions, gift shop sales, public announcements, general park information, and answering & directing incoming calls. Welcome visitors and answer inquiries in a tactful and professional manner. Assist weekend supervisor as needed with medical emergencies. Provide excellent customer service.
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent to the clearance of the Vulnerable Sector Screening. Candidates will be asked for a screening only where they have been selected as the leading candidate.
- 2 years’ experience related to major tasks;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Operation of Point of Sale system and credit card sales;
- Valid First Aid Level C and CPR.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under general supervision.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Provide visitors with park and event information, including answering and directing incoming calls.
- Greet and direct visitors with appointments and notify the appropriate staff.
- Provide guests with recommendations for trails, advise of closures and provide any other directions to areas of the park property as requested.
- Process visitor payment and complete invoice information, including daily and weekly sales reports and deposits.
- Provide administrative support for events and education teams.
- Coordinate daily operations with gate and operations staff.
- Gift shop sales.
- Perform general housekeeping duties of reception desk, gift shop and gift shop office (cleaning, stock shelves, facing product, shredding paperwork, labeling, event prep. etc.).
- Assist as required with any health and safety issues (i.e. Injuries, first aid, etc.).
- Prepare detailed status and sales reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability - related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.