SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
The Event Supervisor coordinates and implements corporate client meetings, weddings and social events at Black Creek Pioneer Village. The Supervisor is primarily responsible for the coordination and delivery of all event details which include but are not limited to food and beverage needs, room set-up, linen requests, audio visual requirements, and wedding rehearsals and ceremonies. A key role of the Event Supervisor is to ensure that client and guests’ needs and expectations are exceeded. Additionally, this position provides effective staff management including, hiring and training of staff and maintaining a safe work environment and ensure adherence to all TRCA policies and procedures. Candidates must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays, as business requires.
- 3-5 years’ experience in supervising and coordination of weddings and/or corporate events;
- Post-secondary education in Hospitality and Tourism, Event Management, Wedding Coordination/Planner Certification or a related field;
- Smart Serve Certification required prior to starting the position;
- Food Handler’s certification an asset;
- Highly organized with superior ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Flexible work schedule: Available to work weekdays, evenings and weekends;
- Exceptional customer relationship management skills;
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills; Attention to detail is imperative;
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a professional manner;
- Computer Literate;
- Knowledge of MS Office software and social media outlets;
- Standard First Aid certification an asset;
- A valid Ontario driver's license.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
- Managing client accounts, including weddings, social and corporate events, and working directly with the client to confirm all the details for their events.
- Plans and coordinates pre-event requirements, including, but not limited to, food and beverage, linen and décor, room set-up, liquor, and audio visual, ensuring all stakeholders that are involved are in agreement with details of the event.
- Leading and executing weddings, social events and corporate meetings according to the client’s confirmed details.
- Directing the wait staff and set-up staff on site and ensuring they are following event procedures and timelines.
- Follows up with guests to complete a post-event quality report.
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Assist with final billing reconciliation with client and accounting department.
- Assists with special events as required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability - related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.